HOLDEMBOT-STACKHUNTER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stackhunter Tournament Discussion

2 posters

Go down

Stackhunter Tournament  Discussion Empty Stackhunter Tournament Discussion

Post  Admin Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:28 am

ALL STACKHUNTER TOURNEY DISCUSSION IN HERE PLEASE

WINRATE GRAPH

Stackhunter Tournament  Discussion Tourn10
Mike

Stackhunter Team Smile
Admin
Admin
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Stackhunter Tournament  Discussion Empty Re: Stackhunter Tournament Discussion

Post  peamasii Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:21 am

So this also plays very tight TAG style in large field MTT's, right? I see it folds medium hands (QJ, QT) with previous limpers, VPIP:5, AF:0, folds medium pairs in early position, etc.

Curious to see what the strategy is like when it hits a good hand, but it seems to me it will be difficult to get paid off with anythign when you play VPIP:5 or less.

peamasii
POKER PLAYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:52 am

peamasii wrote:So this also plays very tight TAG style in large field MTT's, right? I see it folds medium hands (QJ, QT) with previous limpers, VPIP:5, AF:0, folds medium pairs in early position, etc.

Curious to see what the strategy is like when it hits a good hand, but it seems to me it will be difficult to get paid off with anythign when you play VPIP:5 or less.
Why would you want to play such marganal hands out of position anyway.

If you want this tweaked let me know and i can send you a text update to make it play this way.
this hand will be played in the correct position raising limpers ect, as for pocket pairs you will see a flop if raises are under 4bb and if nobody raises and multipule limpers for implied odds of making trips otherwise you will fold small pockets.
Its good ABC poker and a big grind on your BBs if you just keep flat calling for small pots

Give it a chance or get the text update if you wish.

Mike
Admin
Admin
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  peamasii Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:00 am

It's not necessarily a bad style, I'm just saying it's difficult to get action when you play that tight preflop. Deepstacked you can venture to see more flops because of implied odds. But I'll play a few dozen games with it and see how it does in many different situations.

peamasii
POKER PLAYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:05 am

peamasii wrote:It's not necessarily a bad style, I'm just saying it's difficult to get action when you play that tight preflop. Deepstacked you can venture to see more flops because of implied odds. But I'll play a few dozen games with it and see how it does in many different situations.
It does open up its hand range but it will play hands that could pay it off. not compete for small pots.

If you feel you need an update make a suggestion in the ppl codeblock section and I can write you some topline code to use with it as a text file

Mike Smile
Admin
Admin
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Stackhunter Tournament  Discussion Empty doing well :)

Post  peamasii Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:23 am

In this game (96 players) it managed to last up to the bubble with just 2 races (AQ, AA, both won).
Then the fun began as it played about 10 hands in a row.
Pushed A8o EP over two early limpers when down to 12 blinds, a move I liked a lot (one guy showed 66 as he folded Smile
Raised big with 88 UTG+1 and got folded to.
then open-pushed 99 UTG everyone quickfolded
then reshoved TT from BB vs. MP raise (he folded Smile
Pushed CO with AKo over an early limper
Pushed 99 MP (by now it had doubled up) and doubled up vs ATo called from BTN
Raised big with AJs and everyone quickfolded.
By now it's in chiplead and with a nice TAG image
Twisted Evil

peamasii
POKER PLAYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:45 am

peamasii wrote:In this game (96 players) it managed to last up to the bubble with just 2 races (AQ, AA, both won).
Then the fun began as it played about 10 hands in a row.
Pushed A8o EP over two early limpers when down to 12 blinds, a move I liked a lot (one guy showed 66 as he folded Smile
Raised big with 88 UTG+1 and got folded to.
then open-pushed 99 UTG everyone quickfolded
then reshoved TT from BB vs. MP raise (he folded Smile
Pushed CO with AKo over an early limper
Pushed 99 MP (by now it had doubled up) and doubled up vs ATo called from BTN
Raised big with AJs and everyone quickfolded.
By now it's in chiplead and with a nice TAG image
Twisted Evil
Cool Keep us posted dont forget to add a journal if you do well.

Mike king
Admin
Admin
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  peamasii Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:06 am

Made the final table, but ran 99 into AA and 88 into AA, busted out 9th.
Not bad for a first run, I'll play with it again and post a journal if I score any really good ones.

peamasii
POKER PLAYER

Back to top Go down

Post  peamasii Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 am

In the second MTT now (57 entrants), on final table (2nd chipleader).
Doubled up with AA early when in a pot with 5 people someone flopped a set of 5s and pushed. Called with AA and turned A.
Played really well in early stage although had AA cracked once deepstacked vs a K7s caller who flopped two pair.
In middle stage got some really good hands (AA, QQ, TT) and won total 6 out of 9 races in this game. bounce

I see now it's not playing too tight, seeing VP:14 PR:11 AF:69 over 172 hands, quite standard for TAG style. Perhaps there is a case for giving up on hands not better than top pair/ overpair when deep stacked and facing a checkraise on flop. It depends on the playing level though. I would never do it in a higher stakes MTT but at $20 buyin I'm sure there are players who reraise all-in with top pair second kicker or so, in early stages. Also I saw it open-shove KK with 18 bbs stack or so from MP, probably I would play those kind of hands a bit slower to get some action behind. With a smallish stack it's easy to commit an opponent with any draw or pair on flop. Overall I think it's playing quite well though.

...And the final result was 3rd for $420. Today, nice results in a couple of early MTT's.

peamasii
POKER PLAYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:43 am

peamasii wrote:In the second MTT now (57 entrants), on final table (2nd chipleader).
Doubled up with AA early when in a pot with 5 people someone flopped a set of 5s and pushed. Called with AA and turned A.
Played really well in early stage although had AA cracked once deepstacked vs a K7s caller who flopped two pair.
In middle stage got some really good hands (AA, QQ, TT) and won total 6 out of 9 races in this game. bounce

I see now it's not playing too tight, seeing VP:14 PR:11 AF:69 over 172 hands, quite standard for TAG style. Perhaps there is a case for giving up on hands not better than top pair/ overpair when deep stacked and facing a checkraise on flop. It depends on the playing level though. I would never do it in a higher stakes MTT but at $20 buyin I'm sure there are players who reraise all-in with top pair second kicker or so, in early stages. Also I saw it open-shove KK with 18 bbs stack or so from MP, probably I would play those kind of hands a bit slower to get some action behind. With a smallish stack it's easy to commit an opponent with any draw or pair on flop. Overall I think it's playing quite well though.

...And the final result was 3rd for $420. Today, nice results in a couple of early MTT's.
Thats great news membership paid for,

We are constantly looking at plays and I take on board what you say may be we can sort that on text add on.
Thanks for the update.

Mike Smile
Admin
Admin
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down